Wake up the wild
Get Even Closer!
Available on select dates from June – September, 2024.
Tour subject to availability. Advanced reservations required.
Start your experience
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
What else do I need to know?
- Guests will complete a i) Waiver and ii) Photography Agreement prior to experience.
- Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice. Due to the unpredictability of animals, tour experiences and animal interactions may vary.
- Animal feeding opportunities are not guaranteed.
Wake Up The Wild Refund, Cancellation, and Rescheduling Policies
- Wake Up The Wild tours are non-refundable, and non-transferable; however, if it becomes necessary to reschedule your tour for another date, you may do so by calling 72 hours before the tour.
- Rescheduling of tours will only be accommodated once and only rescheduled during the current operating season.
What if I miss my tour, can I take another tour that day?
There is only ONE tour departure offered daily. Please arrive at African Lion Safari at 8:45 a.m. SHARP. Unfortunately, those arriving late cannot be accommodated on another tour that day. Guests forfeit the entire price of the tour if they do not show up for the tour. No refunds or rescheduling opportunities will be given for no shows.
Will my Wake Up The Wild experience proceed during inclimate weather?
This exclusive experience occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning. African Lion Safari reserves the right to cancel due to inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of cancellation, efforts will be made to reschedule another date. No refunds. During cold periods and/or severe weather some species may not be on display. Animal feeding opportunities are not guaranteed.
Can I buy Wake Up The Wild as a gift?
Yes! This unique exclusive experience makes an amazing gift for birthdays or special occasions.
Can I take photos?
Yes! Don’t forget your camera! We ask that you familiarize yourself with African Lion Safari’s Photography Agreement before arrival.
No Commercial photography permitted. All photography, video, digital, and/or film taken by customers of 1) African Lion Safari’s birds and animals and 2) property and premises must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or reproduction for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited by African Lion Safari without written consent and specific license from African Lion Safari.
What should I wear for Wake Up The Wild?
All participants must wear closed-toed shoes, no open – toed shoes are permitted. Be prepared with a jacket for cooler mornings and rain coats for predicted rain days. Ensure appropriate attire is worn for this outdoor, all-weather experience.
What time does it start and how long will it take?
This is an early morning tour. Arrival time is 8:45 AM and the experience will be completed by 11:00 AM. Plan to stay after and enjoy the rest of the park.
Who can experience Wake Up The Wild?
- Guests must be a minimum of 8 years of age to participate in this experience and must be accompanied by an adult. For safety reasons, children under 8 years of age are not permitted. Proof of I.D for children is required on the day of the tour.
- For guests own safety, they should be in good physical health, have full body control and hand-eye coordination.
- Guests must be able to walk independently, without walking aids or medical devices.
How can I book Wake Up The Wild?
Advanced reservations are required. Please click this link to reserve your tickets and time.
What does the Wake Up The Wild experience include?
Your experience will take place throughout three of our seven Game Reserves
- Witness a pride of lions at their most active time of day
- Going off road in our open-air truck to see the endangered rhino, zebra and ostrich
- Opportunity to hand feed our herd of giraffe
- Exclusive photo opportunities
- Personal guide on the tour
- Admission to African Lion Safari*
*To visit the rest of the Game Reserves after the tour, you can drive through in your own vehicle. Please review our vehicle restrictions prior to your arrival.